QA Test Engineer
Job ID: VTK151
Location: Hamburg, Germany
We would like to strengthen our Quality Assurance (QA) team by hiring a QA Test Engineer. The QA department works closely to the other areas of the company providing validation and verification of internal and external requirements. We sought for efficiency, with the right mix of agile testing, exploratory testing and automation.
- You are technically savvy, always willing to expand your technical knowledge.
- Experience with testing / QA
- At least basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking. Understanding and experience of VoIP related protocols (RTP, SIP, etc), QoS and codecs is a definitive major plus.
- Familiar with Linux/Unix environment.
- Your programming skills allow you to automate tests efficiently. Python is preferred, other programming/scripting languages are welcome.
- Good communication skills to deal with developers and clients in an efficient and gentle way. English and German desired.
- Perform release testing including regression tests and exploratory tests, particularly on the new features.
- Automating regression tests (mostly using Python / Selenium Webdriver or a similar tool).
- Providing the developer team with all the needed information to understand a bug, including descriptions in an issue tracker.
- Testing interfaces/interoperability of different nodes (SoapUI).
- Generating test data and inserting the test data on a database (SQL/scripting).
- Performing test cases during factory or user acceptance tests.
- Working together with support team to solve customer incidents, including reproducing them in the local testbed.
- Modifying our testbed setup for special tests, e.g. performance tests.
Unfortunately we can only reply to those who take the time and effort to follow the guidelines above.