QA Test Engineer CLOSED FOR THE MOMENT
Job ID: VTK151
Location: Hamburg, Germany
New VoLTE and VoWifi networks around the globe and Voice over IP growing into new areas such as air traffic controlling, critical communications and soon 5G: We are in the midst of an exciting transition, with new challenges and opportunities.
For all these reasons, we would like to strengthen our Quality Assurance (QA) team by hiring a QA Test Engineer. The QA department works closely to the other areas of the company providing validation and verification of internal and external requirements. We sought for efficiency, with the right mix of agile testing, exploratory testing and automation.
- You are technically savvy, always willing to expand your technical knowledge. You bring strong analytical skills.
- Experience with testing / QA, preferably on Web applications and/or databases.
- At least basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking. Understanding and experience of VoIP related protocols (RTP, SIP, etc), QoS and codecs is a definitive major plus.
- Ideally, you are familiar with telecommunication standards documentation such as RFCs, 3GPP TSs, etc
- Familiar with Linux/Unix environment.
- Basic Java programming skills in order to automate tests efficiently. C++, Bash and Python also welcome.
- SQL skills are a definitive major plus.
- Good communication skills. English fluency, German is a plus.
- Perform system test activities including regression tests and exploratory tests, particularly on the new features.
- Automating regression tests. We use Selenium Webdriver (in Java) but can also adopt other tools if you bring that experience.
- Providing the developer team with all the needed information to understand a bug, including detailed descriptions and reproduction steps in an issue tracker (Jira).
- Generating test data and inserting the test data on a database (SQL/scripting).
- Performing test cases during factory or user acceptance tests.
- Working together with support team to solve customer incidents, including reproducing them in the local testbed.
- Modifying our testbed setup for special tests, e.g. performance tests.
What you get
- Good salary package
- Contact with state-of-the-art technologies
- Plenty of opportunities to gather professional experience
- Great working atmosphere within an international expert team of telco professionals
Do you possess knowledge about quality assurance for telecommunications-based systems and want to apply your experience to new challenges? Then you can look forward to an exciting and multifaceted job in a young and innovated high-tech company.
Please send application by e-mail with desired salary and earliest date of availability to email@example.com. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Unfortunately we can only reply to those who take the time and effort to follow the guidelines above.