Transmitting voice packets with real-time requirements over a radio interface is a challenging task. Moving users, handovers, codec changes, varying radio conditions – just to mention the most obvious issues. LTE makes no difference.
But particularly speech transmission needs steadiness from beginning to end to deliver an excellent user experience. This is why a simple average quality summary per call does not help when assessing call quality.
VoLTE monitoring must not only deliver information on the control plane and S11 signaling, but also fixed-duration summaries of the speech quality.
Qrystal generates smart atoms (5-second summaries) for every RTP stream. In this way, the data can be used to determine for example
- The quality of single calls or call directions
- The quality of cells, eNBs, eNB clusters, or regions
- The quantification of detected patterns
- The impact of codec mode and bitrate change on call quality
Use cases of Voipfuture VoLTE monitoring
- Pre-deployment assessment
- RAN/EPC health check
- VoLTE troubleshooting
- Cell planning and optimization
- Analysis of bearer management
- Customer Care